Signs for the Disabled
Signarama is an industry leader in providing approved and attractive access signs.
Our expertise at identifying and assessing your company's needs for these mandated sign systems is very valuable. We can arrange to do a site survey and evaluate your signage for compliance to local and federal rules. Signarama access sign solutions can be as simple as replacing or adding to your existing access signage or creating a new program from scratch. We are ready to help you!
Disabilities regulations call for certain guidelines to be met for tactile & braille signs. They are as follows:
- Grade 2 braille must be used for the tactile or touchable component of the compliant signs. Signarama uses Grade 2 braille for our signage.
- Appearance and finish - All braille signs from Signarama are intended to comply with regulations with regards to the correct colors, using matte and non-gloss finishes. High color contrast is also a requirement that we are very familiar with at Signarama. We will insure that your braille sign products are compliant with these requirements.
- All typefonts used on braille signs must be approved. At Signarama, we know the font, size, and readabilty guidlelines. We adhere to them on your behalf to insure compliance and maximum visibility.
- Pictograms are the graphics allowed on braille etched or engraved signs. They have to be a certain height and their placement on the sign is also important. Our experts make easy work of this on a routine basis!
- Inserts and changeable copy can be present on signs and braille interpretations for those words need not be included on the sign. We have a wide array of braille sign products and systems that allow for flexibility and still meet the government standards.
- Sign Placement - Braille signs for the standard require specific measurement and positioning in a workplace. Signarama's site survey and installation is right on target with these important components of the law.
Businesses and common spaces of all types are required to adhere to the sign rules. This includes but is not limited to schools, offices, warehouses, manufacturing, medical centers, transportation centers, entertainment venues, theaters, health and fitness centers, retail shopping, restaurants, hotels and hospitality, and more. We are very experienced in assisting business owners with their compliance. Trust Signarama to be your guide through the regulations and requirements for your business.
Access signs are often made of plastic, weatherproof acrylic or metal. Wood can also be used, but most newer implementations shy away from wood over the other more popular materials. Access signs are manufactured using a number of different techniques. Some methods provide unparalled durability, while others allow for signs with greater elegance and a wider variety of design options. Our experts can recommend the best method and solution for your needs. We are very familiar with braille and raised image signs and are ready to serve you at our conveniently located sign center. Make the right call to Signarama today for all of your sign needs.
Signs for the Disabled
- Digital Prints
Use, Longevity & UV Stability:
- Permanent indoor
- Wide Range of colors and styles available
- Customization available
- Meet Specific code regulations
- Tactile & Braille requirements are professionally manufactured
- Hotels, offices, hospitals, Public buildings
- Restrooms, Exit Signs, Room Signs.